Throughout history we have witnessed incredible moments that have made lasting impressions not only on ourselves but also on entire countries and even the world. Such a time and opportunity is again at hand as Americans return to Cuba with a heart of service and compassion.
Our vision is to help create opportunities that will build a bridge of goodwill to the people of Cuba.
Miles with a Mission, in partnership with One Heart – Many Hands (OHMH), will coordinate a fundraising motorcycle tour of Cuba with the goal of raising $150,000.
In 2013, Dr. Gary Morsch (Founder of OHMH) and George Sisler (President of OHMH), traveled to Havana and met with government officials. Enthusiastically, the Cuban officials welcomed the idea of a project designed to address basic healthcare needs and building renovations needed to improve the lives of the Cuban people. Since then, OHMH has accomplished much – two container shipments of medical supplies and building materials, ongoing volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups, and a professional medical exchange that resulted in a successful hip replacement for a teenage boy.
Much has been accomplished since 2013, but there is much more to be done. By reaching our goal of $150,000 we will enable One Heart – Many Hands to continue their ongoing work in these specific ways:
- Finish the construction on a building to be used as a permanent warehouse for storing medical supplies and building materials. Construction has begun but has been delayed due to setbacks from hurricane activity. Funds Needed: $20,000
- Coordinate a container shipment of medicines, supplies and building materials each year keeping the warehouse as stocked as possible. Funds Needed: $30,000
- Encourage more professional exchange opportunities between medical providers and surgeons by providing scholarships to attend the International Cuban Health Conference in Havana.
Funds Needed: $15,000
- Promote more volunteer engagement opportunities on a consistent basis. So far, OHMH has created opportunities for hundreds of volunteers who have traveled to Cuba on their own expense. Funds Needed: $20,000
- Coordinate disaster response training across the island by partnering with Heart to Heart International. Funds Needed: $15,000
- Equip and coordinate building upgrades of three elderly day care centers in Havana. Funds Needed: $50,000
This 8 day/7 night adventure will begin and end in Havana. Along this 800 mile tour, we will pass through a number of small towns and communities giving you broad exposure to the history, culture, food and people of Cuba. Below is our trip itinerary:
|Date||Trip Day||Travel Itinerary|
|FEB 20||Day 1||Havana – Old Havana|
|FEB 21||Day 2||Havana – Terrezas – Viñales|
|FEB 22||Day 3||Viñales – Morales – Austrailia – Guama – Playa Larga – Cuevas del los Peces – Playa Giron – Yauarama – Cienfuegos|
|FEB 23||Day 4||Cienfuegos – Cumanayagua – La Sierrita – El Nicho – Trinidad|
|FEB 24||Day 5||Trinidad – Santa Clara – Remedios|
|FEB 25||Day 6||Remedios – Colon – Coliseo – Varadero|
|FEB 26||Day 7||Varadero – Bacunayagua – Jibacco – Via Blanca – Havana|
|FEB 27||Day 8||Havana – Return Home|
Each rider is asked to raise funds above and beyond their individual trip expenses through sponsorships and/or personal giving. Trip expenses can be covered by personal gifts or sponsorship funds. ALL donations made to OHMH are tax-deductible.
- Price per Rider for single occupancy is $ 4995.
- For an additional $500, riders can hand-select their bike. Availability is limited – this additional option is strictly on a first come, first serve basis.
- This is an ALL-INCLUSIVE package covering motorcycle rental, fuel, insurance, lodging, meals, bus transportation, guide service and a bilingual ride coordinator.
- Pricing does NOT include airfare to Havana. Travel visas are granted through the airlines and picked up at your departing gate from Florida to Havana. The cost is $50.
- Riders can bring a Companion Rider at the price of $ 3595. If companion needs a separate room, the rate is $3995.
During the day, our non-riders will be exploring Cuba by van as they travel the same itinerary as the riders. Pricing for non-riders will include all transportation, lodging, meals, guide services and a bilingual tour coordinator.
|Non-Rider Tour Package||Pricing|
|Double Occupancy Rate||$3995|
|Single Room Rate||$4395|
All reservations are on a first-come-first-served basis due to the limited number of bikes available. Our maximum number of riders per group is 20.
|Reservation Deposit||$1000.00 per person||October 31, 2018|
|Second Payment||$2000.00 per person||December 31, 2018|
|Final Payment||Remaining Balance||February 1, 2019|
** To receive a 2018 tax credit, all payments need to be postmarked by December 31, 2018.
- 1. Contact those who are interested in the people of Cuba
In addition to receiving a spectacular tour of the island of Cuba, this is first and foremost a humanitarian project to raise funds for One Heart – Many Hands. Everyone planning to participate is asked to raise funds above and beyond the cost of the tour.Our goal is $100,000. We encourage you to seek out individuals and organizations willing to sponsor a specific project from the list of work OHMH is already overseeing in Cuba.
- 2. Book your reservation
Dr. Gary Morsch’s assistant, Christy Forquer, will be handling the reservations and other logistical details. You can reach her by email at email@example.com, or by phone at 913-226-3080.
To make your reservation, please send your deposit check of $1000 by October 31, 2018 made payable to One Heart -Many Hands to:
One Heart – Many Hands
Attn: Christy Forquer
800 W. Frontier Lane
Olathe, KS 66061
- 3. Let us help you in raising support
“We know fundraising can be a daunting task, but people will be willing to support this project if you simply let them know of the opportunity. Miles With A Mission riders have raised over $500,000 in previous rides – so we know it can be done!” – Dr. Gary Morsch
Our team has developed materials to help you achieve your fundraising goal. Please let us know how we can support your efforts with email campaigns and social media material. Contact Christy Forquer at firstname.lastname@example.org.If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us:
Gary Morsch, MD, MPH George Sisler Christy Forquer Founder of Heart to Heart International
President of OHMH
Executive Assistant to Dr. Gary Morsch